Here’s a quick running and training tip: Keep everything you need for a daily training run in a tote! Or bag, box, crate, laundry hamper, what have you. This is a must-do for me, because otherwise, I waste so much time running around the house gathering everything before getting out the door.
It’s also a fantastic visual reminder of your racing goals if you hang it in a prominent place in your house. For me, that’s my office door so it’s always in sight.
Those of you who train after leaving the office or at a gym are already doing this, but it’s also good for when you’re going on vacation or away for the weekend. Keeping you essentials out of your suitcases will make everything easily accessible.
Before my injury, I’ve always kept everything in my tote but during those long months, I took everything out because it only reminded me of what I couldn’t do. But then I read a great post on the Fairytales and Fitness blog about keeping a running tote and decided that it was time to put this bad boy together.#Running Tip: Keep everything you need in a Running Tote! #werunsocial #run Click To Tweet
For mine, I used my absolute favorite Hobbit tote that I got at the Book Expo America several years ago. It’s roomy, sturdy with nice thick handles … and The Hobbit is one of my favorite books. Here’s everything I keep inside.
*Amazon links are affiliate ones. This does not cost you extra but does give me a small commission that I use for blogging expenses.
- My favorite running belt, the Fitletic single pouch
- Fitletic Water Bottles
- My Roo Sport Pouch for shorter walks
- A water bottle strap that I fell in love with while researching my Summer Running Tips post!
- Running hat and my favorite visor
- Gu Gels, not pictures because I used my last!
- Nuun Tabs
- SaltStick Caps
- Pure Protein bar for recovery
- ThinkSport Sunscreen
- Spray mineral sunscreen, (awful stuff, just using it up.)
- Body Glide
- Wireless ear buds, (they’re awful – bought them cheap,) and back-up ear buds for when my wireless ones aren’t charged.
- Running Sunglasses
- Pepper Spray
- SABRE Runner Personal Alarm that I was inspired to purchase by Fairytales & Fitness’s post since it’s a GREAT idea!
So there you go, everything I keep in my running tote! Now, what about you?
QOTD: Do you keep a running tote? If so, what’s inside?