Since we’re about to overload you with race recaps for Disney’s Wine & Dine and Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend, I’m slipping in a quick post about the goals Megan and I have made for the 2017 WDW Marathon Weekend Goofy Challenge! We also need to give a final tally of the goals we accomplished before Wine & Dine. Did we reach our goal of accomplishing 50%? Read on!
First, it’s time for us to fess up and share how we did with the goals we made for Disney’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon. (Hint: it wasn’t as good as we had hoped but not bad.)
LAURA’S Wine & Dine Goals:
- Finish writing A Year Of Happy Endings. No. Boo, hiss.
- Get caught up with my Book Idea a Day Journal started in January. No.
Outline and plot novel for NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. YES!
- Give Joyful Miles a much-needed reboot. So close but no!
Write two months worth of contentfor Joyful Miles, Write Run Rejoice, and As The Eraser Burns. Yes! Complete renovation tasksfor our beach house at Ocean City. Yes! Clean out computer, balance checkbooks, and buy external hard drive. Yes! Continue with Goofy Challenge training. Yes! Do a 30-Day Push-Up Challenge. Yes!
- Complete a 30-Day Miracle Morning Challenge. No.
Read six books. Yes! Give my Write Run Rejoice blog a quick makeover. Yes!
- Do two Monday Movies with my dad. No.
- Follow a six-week skin renewal plan. No.
- Watch all the Gilmore Girls again in time for the November 25th revival. No.
Be packed and ready for Wine & Dine Half Marathonby Sunday, October 30th. Yes!
Completion percentage: 9 out of 16 – 56%, good but not great!
MEGAN’S Wine & Dine Goals:
Reduce my stress. Yes! Get more sleep.Yes! Lose 5 lbs. Yes!
- Establish ‘better’ working hours. No, still a work-in-progress.
- Grow Rodan + Fields business by 10% over current month by end of October. No, this had to go to reduce my stress!
Limit amount of time spent on social media.Yes!
- Run three times a week. No.
Strength Train twice a week.Yes!
- Stretching and Rolling – at least 3 times a week. No, hit or miss.
Declutter my bedroom closet and garage.Yes!
- Consistency in blog postings for Joyful Miles. No.
- Determine what my reward will be if I achieve at least 50% success with my goals. Nope, no reward this time.
Completion percentage: 6 out of 12 – 50%, a win but with room for improvement!
Laura’s WDW Goofy Challenge Goals:
Seeing as how I’m still injured and walking the Wine & Dine Half Marathon in a boot was a super huge challenge I’d rather not repeat … there’s a good chance I will pull the plug on the Goofy Challenge. But whether or not this happens, I still want to accomplish these goals by the end of the year, so I’m making a few alternative goals!
- Win the National Novel Writing Month challenge, (NaNoWriMo,) by writing 50,000 words in November!
- Finish writing A Year of Happy Ending. You can follow my progress on Wattpad since I’m posting chapters as they’re finished for free.
- Write 1,000 words a day starting on December 1st in order to keep my writing momentum after NaNoWriMo!
- Catch up and complete my Book Idea a Day challenge that I started in January by jotting down a book idea every day.
- Pre-write January and February blog content for Joyful Miles, Write, Run, Rejoice, and As The Eraser Burns.
- Complete Joyful Miles reboot work for both our blog and YouTube Channel.
- Complete our Business and Personal tax work in order to make next year a little less stressful!
- Read six books. To see which books I read, follow my Goodreads page!
- Complete another 30-Day Push-Up Challenge.
- Continue with Goofy Training and Power 90 workouts.
- Decorate our downstairs, seeing as how our walls in the kitchen and living room are still bare despite them being painted last year!
- Catch up with Gilmore Girls episodes before the November 25th revival. Who’s excited about this?? I’M EXCITED!
- Do a major Virtual and Habit De-clutter by deleting productivity apps that I’m not using and limiting my self-improvement habits to only those that work, like the 5 Minute Journal app that I’m loving right now!
- Prepare my planning system for 2017, and decide whether or not I’m going to continue using my Filofax along with a Bullet Journal.
Megan’s WDW Goofy Challenge Goals:
- To be injury-free for Marathon Weekend by getting in my long runs, stretching, rolling, doing strength training, and getting massages while also mentally preparing for the Goofy Challenge.
- Continue working on getting more sleep and de-stressing.
- Work out at least once while traveling for business.
- Continue with my de-clutter mission.
- Be easier on myself … and stop being my own worst critic!
- Be consistent with Joyful Miles blog posts.
Well, that’s it for this round of goals! If you’d like to see the video version of this post, here it is:
And what about you?
QOTD: Will you be running any of the races during 2017’s WDW Marathon Weekend? If so, have you made any goals? Please share in the comments below so we can cheer you on and be sure to use #JoyfulMilestones whenever you reach a goal!
Take care, and have a joyful day!