Registration is now open for this summer’s runDisney Virtual Shorts series! Last year, I did not register for their inaugural series due to issues I had with wording on their website regarding how the Leukemia society would benefit. I had lost a dear friend to leukemia, so it hit me wrong.
But I must admit. When I saw the adorable medals later on, my inner bling addict had a pang of regret.
And look at this year’s! Adorable!
runDisney is also specific on how the series’s celebrity charity will benefit. From their website:
Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando uses the runDisney Virtual Races as a channel to create awareness with caring supporters, and to raise much-needed funds to support the growth of its mission. Every $1.00 contributed to Pet Alliance helps provide food, medical care and sheltering for pets in need.
About Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando– Pet Alliance is Central Florida’s oldest and largest animal welfare agency. In operation since 1937, the organization’s primary role is to provide shelter and medical care for homeless pets. … To learn more about Pet Alliance or to donate, visit www.petallianceorlando.org.
So I’m in! Sort of. My inner bling addict screams for all four medals, (three for each virtual 5k and one challenge medal.) But I only registered for one after figuring out what I’d then receive after completing the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend:
My 50th runDisney Medal!
Yes, if things go well, then my 10th Anniversary Coast to Coast medal will be my 50th runDisney medal, woo-HOO!!!! Wow. Fifty! Maybe I should also figure out how much those medals cost me.
Then again, maybe not.
There are just some things you don’t wanna know. And for the record, I am counting the rubber medallions given to 5k finishers up until the 2016 Disneyland 5k. But then the question became … which virtual short medal would I like the most?
The Pluto Dog Tag, Dog Bowl, or Dog House Finisher Medal?
I went with Dog House, since I’ll be at the beach for two weeks in August and *hopefully* able to run by then. Besides. If my husband ever did calculate how much these runDisney races have cost me over the years, then I’d truly be in the dog house.
So now, I’m officially in the Dog House for this year’s runDisney Shorts! What about you, are you registering for any of them or all three? And are you interested in some kind of Team Joyful Miles virtual run? Because that’d be some serious fun.
Oh, and in case you’re interested in my fifty medals, here’s the list with links to past recaps. Take care and have a joyful day!
- 2013 Princess Royal Family 5k
- 2013 Princess Half Marathon
- 2014 Princess Royal Family 5k
- 2014 Inaugural Enchanted 10k
- 2014 Princess Half Marathon
- 2014 Inaugural Glass Slipper Challenge
- 2014 Tower of Terror 10-Miler
- 2014 Wine & Dine Half Marathon
- 2015 WDW Half Marathon
- 2015 WDW Full Marathon
- 2015 WDW Goofy Challenge
- 2015 Princess 5k
- 2015 Enchanted 10k
- 2015 Princess Half Marathon
- 2015 Glass Slipper Challenge
- 2015 Jingle Jungle 5k
- 2015 Wine & Dine Half Marathon
- 2016 WDW 5k
- 2016 WDW 10k
- 2016 WDW Half Marathon
- 2016 WDW Full Marathon
- 2016 WDW Goofy Challenge
- 2016 WDW Dopey Challenge
- 2016 Princess 5k
- 2016 Enchanted 10k
- 2016 Princess Half Marathon
- 2016 Glass Slipper Challenge
- 2016 Never Land 5k
- 2016 Tinker Bell 10k
- 2016 Tinker Bell Half Marathon
- 2016 Pixie Dust Challenge
- 2016 Pink Coast 2 Coast Medal
- 2016 Blue Coast 2 Coast Medal
- 2016 Disneyland 5k
- 2016 Disneyland 10k
- 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon
- 2016 Dumbo Double Dare Challenge
- 2016 Inaugural Wine & Dine 10k
- 2016 Wine & Dine Half Marathon
- 2016 Inaugural Lumiere Two Course Challenge
- 2017 Princess 5k
- 2017 Enchanted 10k
- 2017 Princess Half Marathon
- 2017 Glass Slipper Challenge
- 2017 Virtual Short*
- 2017 Disneyland 5k*
- 2017 Disneyland 10k*
- 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon*
- 2017 Disneyland Double Dare Challenge*
- 2017 Blue 10th Anniversary Coast 2 Coast*
I’ve been enjoying reading about all the run disney events! I’ll be running my first in September of this year- the half. I am so excited! Happy healing!
Awesome, you’re going to LOVE the Disneyland Half Marathon! It’s one of my favorite runDisney race weekends. Be sure to say hi if you see Jackey and me! 🙂