When we started Joyful Miles, our intention was to inspire others to enjoy life, one mile at a time. Well, after some deep reflection and a review of past blog posts, I realize we haven’t quite met our mark. There’s still so much I want to talk about, especially now that I’m still on the road to recovery from an 2016 injury!
With that in mind, I’ve put together a list of blog topics for running or fitness bloggers as inspiration. And seeing as how the Tuesdays on the Run Blog Link up hosted by My No Guilt Life, Marcia’s Healthy Slice, and MCM Mama Runs is full of bloggers, I’m linking up with them as well. Enjoy and happy 2017 blogging!
- The best fitness advice you’ve ever received … and whether or not you listened.
- The worst fitness advice you’ve ever received … did you listen to that, too?
- Running Mistakes you’ve made … or keep on making.
- Your running or fitness bucket list.
- A holiday training survival guide.
- Videos that motivate you.
- Your favorite workout playlist.
- Motivational books that have inspired you.
- Your favorite post-workout healthy meal or smoothie.
- Your favorite cheat meal.
- Running in the heat tips.
- Running in the cold tips.
- Running in the rain tips.
- Working out on vacation tips.
- Fitness gear you can’t do without.
- Your favorite fitness apps.
- Productivity apps you can’t live without.
- Fitness products you love.
- Fitness products you’ve tried and hated
- Surviving your first [5k, 10k, half, full, multi-race challenge, etc.]
- Nutritional tips for your first [5k, 10k, half, full, multi-race challenge, etc.]
- Posts about the day’s National Days.
- Weird fitness gadgets you’ve tried. (Shake Weight, anyone?)
- Race recaps or a photo tour of your favorite running trail.
- Your Fitness Heroes.
- Running safety [for women, at night, on the trail.]
- Ask someone who’s been kicking butt lately with their fitness goals to do an interview.
- Ask someone who’s been struggling to share their story.
- Your favorite fitness-based podcasts.
- Fitness Challenges in your [20’s, 30’s, 40’s, etc.,] and how to overcome.
- Training programs you’ve loved … or hated.
- Your best organizational tips and life hacks.
- Best movies about runners or other athletes.
- A list of your favorite fitness bloggers – sharing is caring!
- Your fitness limits … for example, mine is a Zombie Run. Nope. Won’t do one, no way, no day.
- How to take the Dread out of Dreadmill, aka, the Treadmill.
- Tips for beginner runners – where to start.
- Your favorite medal and why.
- Gift ideas for Runners. Don’t forget the stocking stuffers!
- How you build your running community or met your fitness pals.
- What you learned from your worst race
- The Most Awesome Thing You’ve Seen at a Race or fitness class.
- The Oddest Thing you’ve ever seen on a run or fitness class.
- How to stay mentally motivated during a long run.
- Write a blog post about blog post ideas. Hehe.
- Write a monthly or quarterly post about your blogging or fitness adventure: what you’ve learned, mistakes you’ve made.
- Best local races in your area.
- Best hiking trails in your area.
- Your favorite cross-training activity.
- [Insert your age] Things You’ve Learned in [Insert Your Age] Years
- How you stay organized … or How you’d like to stay organized.
- Runcation Packing Tips.
- How you fell off the Fitness Wagon.
- How you got back on the Fitness Wagon.
- Returning to fitness after a surgery, injury, running slumps, etc.
- Your weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly goals.
- What’s in your race belt and/or gym bag.
- Write a post all in GIF’s.
- Do a Wordless Wednesday and tell a story all in photographs.
- Share your summer, autumn, winter, or spring bucket list.
- Your Ghosts of Fitness Past; things that have thrown you off course to reaching your goals and how you got past them.
- Your favorite running costumes or outfits.
- Your disastrous running costumes or race outfits.
- Common racing fears and how to defeat them.
- A tour of your home gym.
- How to set up a home gym without breaking the bank.
- Great exercises and workout for specific body parts.
- How to properly warm-up before a workout.
- How to properly cool down after a workout.
- The benefits of joining a running group, gym, or workout class.
- The benefits of working out alone.
- Fitness routines for those on a time crunch.
- Fitness trends … and whether or not they’re a good thing.
- Monday Motivation: Gather inspiration quotes, images, or personal stories.
- Off Topic Tuesday: Write about your all-time favorite movie, musical, pizza topping or what have you.
- Wednesday What’s Up: Share a new product, workout, or fitness apparel that you’ve recently fallen in love with.
- Thursday Throw Down: Share a product, workout, apparel or what have you that has NOT been working out and you wouldn’t recommend!
- Friday Five: List and talk about whatever five things your heart desires!
- Write a Round Up post by collecting links from other blogs or websites about a certain topic.
- How to budget for races.
- Fitness myths that simply are or aren’t true.
- A runner’s survival guide when they’re spouse or partner is NOT a runner.
- Speed workout tips for running faster.
- How to increase your endurance.
- A Day in Your Life.
- What is your biggest aspiration this year?
- A post explaining why you started blogging to begin with.
- Talk about your non-running or non-fitness hobbies.
- Your dream location to go for a run or your dream race.
- How to Taper before a Race … without going crazy.
- How to listen to your body and know when it’s time to rest … or kick things into high gear.
- New fitness gadgets you’d like to try.
- Share a list of your most popular posts.
- How to safely take your dog for a run.
- The most common excuse to skip a workout and how you defeat them.
- The impact fitness has had on your life.
- Incorporating fitness with your family.
- What you hate about running or your favorite fitness activity.
- What you absolutely love about running or your favorite fitness activity.
- Yearly wrap ups: share you accomplishments, bling, and goals for the new year!
Pinning for those days when I just can’t come up with anything to write about!!
Thanks so much for the pin, Wendy! Happy blogging! 🙂
These are great ideas for blog posts. I will have to refer back to these when I am having trouble finding something to write about.
Awesome, I’m so glad this was helpful! Happy blogging! 😃
With almost 9 years of blogging under my belt, I’ve hit nearly all of those posts. LOL
Oh man, now I want to make another list of oddball post ideas for awesome bloggers like you! #challengeaccepted #bewarned 😂
(p.s. I’d love to see a list of post ideas on your blog! Hope that’s not too forward. 😃)
These are extraordinary thoughts for blog post. thanks for the sharing post…
Awesome post! This gave me a lot of awesome ideas!
Thanks, Jessica, glad you liked it! 🙂
Whats everyones idea about using keto?http://bit.ly/3rsSdfN
[…] you to Joyful Miles for the article topic and title […]